• be 18 years of age or over • Have been a member of a Dogs Australia Member Body for a minimum of eight (8) years during the ten (10) years immediately prior to the date of the application.
• be a resident in the State of New South Wales and provide proof of that primary residence or with written approval from the relevant Member Body in which State you reside.
• Have bred at least three (3) litters under their own or shared Prefix.
• Have bred at least two (2) champions under your own or shared Prefix.
• Aspiring Judges must supply a DOGS NSW Stewards Card evidencing that you have completed six (6) Stewarding appointments at six (6) separate shows within the two (2) preceding years, four (4) of which must be full Group appointments.
**Exemption from this criteria has been granted by the Executive Committee provided that an undertaking is given that this requirement will be met by30 June 2022.
• In the previous two (2) years prior to enrolling, have successfully completed and have demonstrated a history of ongoing commitment to dog showing through the various aspects of the sport such as Show Management and other aspects of Affiliate and Show Administration. This commitment is to continue for the duration of training.
Then: Complete and submit the approved enrolment form which must include evidence of the criteria above and be accompanied by the prescribed fee inclusive of Lectures and Examinations. Please click here for the Aspiring Judges Application form.
NOTE: Aspiring Judges must enrol in the Group that they have been associated with as their first Group.
• All Lectures for Aspiring Judges will be delivered by ZOOM. This will suit people’s work and family demands better and ensure long distance driving at night is not necessary.
Aspiring Judges Training Program 2022 • Applications open: Wednesday 22 December 2021 • Applications close: Monday 24 January 2022, 4:00pm
• Tuesday 25 January 2022 Introduction and Responsibilities of a Judge • Thursday 27 January 2022 Rules and Regulations • Monday 31 January 2022 Canine Structure 1 • Wednesday 2 February 2022 Canine Structure 2 • Monday 7 February 2022 Breeds Standards and First Group 1 • Wednesday 9 February 2022 Ringcraft and Examining a Dog • Monday 14 February 2022 Aspiring Judges Program Theory Exam • Monday 21 February 2022 Aspiring Judges Program First Group Exam
Enquiries to Prof Brian Corbitt - 0400 539 956 (not after 8.00pm please)
CONFORMATION JUDGES EDUCATION PROGRAM 2022 - PLEASE NOTE Lectures for Sub Group 1 will begin in March Lectures for Sub Group 2 will begin in June Practical Exams (dates to be determined)
FULL DETAILS OF THE CONFORMATION JUDGES EDUCATION PROGRAM 2022 WILL BE ADVISED IN FEBRUARY 2022.