Transferring a puppy

Transfer costs

Transfer fees can be found in the Scale of Charges for Members here

Why transfer your puppy into your name

Even if you do not plan to breed, show or trial your dog, it is a good idea to transfer your puppy into your name. The current pedigree certificate you have will have the Breeders name as the current owner.

It is also recommended in the case your dog is lost, a search on our database using the microchip number will show you as the owner of the dog making it possible to return your dog to you. This is also a good reason to notify our office when you move.

Transferring your puppy now also shows that you are the legal owner of the dog.

Should you ever decide to breed or enter shows and require the pedigree certificate, the process will be much easier if you are already recorded as the owner on the ANKC National Pedigree Database.

Also, in the event you may lose your pedigree certificate you do not need to contact the breeder to apply for a duplicate certificate on your behalf.

To transfer your puppy, you must have the original pedigree certificate supplied by the breeder and the breeders signature must be present on the reverse side. Fill in your own details sign and post in with required fee for transfer (see above) to DOGS NSW, PO Box 632, St Marys, NSW 1790 and we will transfer the dog into your name and send you a new pedigree certificate with your name as the owner.

Please NOTE any amendments to initials, signatures or dates on the back of your pedigree (transfer) must be initialed by the Breeder. Under no circumstances use white-out. If you do, then you will be required to submit a brand new transfer form to accompany your pedigree which again will have to be signed by the breeder.

You do not need to be a member to transfer your puppy.

However if you do plan to breed, show or trial your dog you will need to become a member, you can do so here

You should also ensure you transfer your dog with your local council, you should have received documentation from the Breeder which you must take to your local council, the form is also available on the office of local goverment website.