Sporting committee meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 7.30 pm, Amenities Building, Bill Spilstead Complex For Canine Affairs, Luddenham Road, Orchard Hills.
Sporting committee contacts:
Miss Vicki Etherington OAM (Chair) - 0418 226 915
Ms Ann Moy - 0438 084 351 (Herding)
Mrs Sue Fedoryschyn - 0409 916 390 (Herding)
Mr Graham Elven - 0411 541 535 (Herding)
Miss Karin Finlayson - 0417 438 723 (Herding)
Mr Denis Leserve - 0412 574 011 (Stock Manager)
Ms Beatriz Insausti - 0414 709 303 (Drafting)
Mrs Anita Langford - 0437 043 397 (Lure Coursing)
Miss Nathalie Church - 0423 095 727 (Sledding)
Mr James Powell - 0401 873 041 (Earthdog)
Sporting committee mission statement:
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors in regard to the promotion, organisation and conduct of ANKC Ltd dog sports including Herding Tests/Trials, Earthdog Tests/Trials, Sled Sports Events, Drafting Tests and Lure Coursing events.
- Allocate and amend dates for Trials and Tests.
- Allocate and amend dates for training at the Complex.
- Monitor ANKC Ltd Tests/Trials to ensure they comply with ANKC Ltd Rules & Regulations.
- Consider reports of Trial/Test Representatives. Refer incidents reported at Trial/Tests by the Representative to the Secretary, Board of Directors or Affiliate concerned as appropriate.
- Provide advice and guidance to Affiliates on Trial/Test Regulations and any other related matters.
- Organise the education and training of Judges.
- Make submissions in regard to rule changes as required.
Training is held by two Affiliates at Dogs NSW Grounds, 44 Luddenham Road, Orchard Hills, most weekends from March to November.
NSW Herding Association Inc holds training on Saturdays. New members are welcome on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month from 9.00am to 12.00pm.
Contact Secretary Mrs Neta Tonkin email or
phone 0414 011 316.
You are required to be members of the Clubs to train and can join on the day.
Lure Coursing Representative
Drafting - 2017 Training Dates:
- 18 March
- 8 April
- 20 May
- 3 June
- 24 June
- 15 July
- 29 July
- 5 August
- 19 August
- 9 September
- 30 September
- 14 October